Read: Galatians 6:1-18
Centering Verse: So then, whenever we have an opportunity, let us work for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith. (Galatians 6:10)
- How might you commit to receiving a spirit of gentleness from God? Why is such a spirit needed in our world?
- How has someone carried a burden for you before? What difference did it make in your life? How might you help others bear their burdens?
- What harvest of the Spirit do you hope to reap in your life? How might you sow the appropriate seeds so that you will experience such a harvest?
- What does it mean to boast in the cross of Jesus?
- How is God creating a new creation within you?
To love someone is to seek their good in all you do toward and for them. Our love for others must be focused on what we can do for them and not what we can gain from them. Caring, truly taking care of the needs of others, is a key ingredient in the recipe of love. Consider those who need to be cared for in your spheres of influence. How might you care for those in your family, in your community, and in the world? Ask God to give you the eyes to see the needs of others and the heart to respond in true love.
Father, God of mercy and compassion, give us the strength to bear one another’s burdens. May we be faithful to you in our acts of gracious love.