Read: Galatians 1:1-24
Centering Verse: And they glorified God because of me. (Galatians 1:24)
- In what ways does Paul justify his experiences of Jesus Christ? Why do you think he does this?
- What is the gospel you have received? How did you receive it? How have you experienced challenges to this gospel?
- In what ways do you seek human approval? In what ways do you seek God’s approval? Which is more important to you and why?
- How has God set you apart and called you through grace?
- What do you think changed for Paul that caused him to go from persecutor to missionary?
Paul challenges us to seek the approval of God over the approval of people. When we seek God’s approval then we have the freedom to reflect God to the world. When people see this, they will be empowered to receive the grace of God in such a way that will lead them to glorify God. When we try to please others, all anyone receives from us is a reflection of our self-doubt and insecurities. We are called to be confident in the One who has revealed divine love and grace to us. When we follow others, we might easily go astray; when we follow God we are heading toward life and truth.
Father, God of the good news, empower us toward faithfulness so that we might demonstrate your way to others.